Publisher Insignia and Indicia Data
(return to index) |
BIP Comics: Publisher Insignia and Indicia Data
• Blue Beetle
[23-Jan 1943] #20: Holyoke Publishing Co., Inc.;
• Sparkling Stars
[22-Jun-1946] #17: Mary E. Gallagher;
[21-Jul-1947] #30: Mary E. Gallagher;
Publishers of Record:
- • Holyoke Publishing Co., Inc.
Blue Beetle (13-25,27,30);
Captain Aero Comics (2,4,5,7-10);
Cat-Man Comics (7,8,10,14);
Sparkling Stars (1-3,5,10-13,15-18,23-31,33);
- • Editorial and Executive Offices:
- 220 West 42nd Street, New York, N.Y.
- 52 Vanderbilt Avenue, New York City
- 1475 Broadway, Times Bldg., New York 18, N.Y.
- • Offices of Publication:
- Holyoke, Mass.
- 1 Appleton Street, Holyoke, Mass.
- • Advertising Offices:
- Holyoke Publishing Co., Inc., 220 West 42nd Street, New York, N.Y.
- • President:
- Sidney R. Cook [22-Jun-1946]-[21-Jul-1947]
- • Editor:
- Chas. Quinlan [23-Jan 1943]
- Philip Steinberg [22-Jun-1946]-[21-Jul-1947]
- • Treasurer:
- Sherman H. Bowles [23-Jan 1943]-[21-Jul-1947]
- • Business Manager:
- Sherman H. Bowles [23-Jan 1943]
Note: Catman is acquired by Holyoke (Bowles) in 1942 from Helnit (Temerson) and is later reacquired by Et-Es-Go (Temerson) in 1943. The exact relationship between Temerson and Bowles is unknown. Allen Ulmer letter to Jerry De Fuccio found on eBay by Frank Motler.
Note: Blue Beetle is acquired from Fox and is later reacquired by Fox.
Statements of Ownership:
Blue Beetle #20 (Apr 1943)
Sparkling Stars #17 (Sep 1946)
Sparkling Stars #30 (Dec 1947)
(return to index)